Monday 3 September 2007

CHOICES!



I welcome this new day.
It is mine to shape and to mold.
This is a new day, mine to use,
to fill, to live as I see fit.
How it unfolds is up to me.
The choice is mine.


I can be miserable,
or I can have a great day.
I can doubt, or I can have faith.
I can feel depressed,
or I can express the joy
that is inherent within me.


I can wallow in self-pity,
or I can help someone in need.
I can accept defeat,
or I can strive to succeed.
I can fear, or I can trust.....
myself, others, God.


I can complain about
aches and pains,
or I can affirm God's
perfect life within me.
I can dwell on loss,
or I can seek new interests,
new joy in living.


I can criticize others,
or I can accept and bless
them, and enjoy happy and
harmonious relationships.
I can harbor old grudges,
or I can forgive.


I can speak of lack, or I can
affirm God's never-failing supply.
I can give up, or I
can make a fresh start.
I can go it alone,
or I can depend on God.


My happiness, or lack thereof,
depends upon my attitude.
The choice is mine


For more poem by me: shashidhar-kumar

For more info: www.shashionline.in

Featured Post

Katihar - कटिहार

कटिहार अक्टूबर महीना म अस्तित्व म पचास साल पहले अइले छेलै, मतलब दु अक्टूबर के पचासवाँ स्थापना दिवस मनैलके। कटिहार र साहित्य, संस्कृति आरू इत...